There’s no doubt that gun regulations sorely need to be addressed, however, the mental health of too many of our children and adults is in dire need of help. Messed up, lonely, bullied, abused, and neglected children who may be suffering with ADD, ADHD, bipolar, depression, anxiety or mood/aggression disorders, autism, schizophrenia, migraines, or other neurological issues become messed up, angry, out-of-control teens and adults who may only stifle their inner rage so long until they explode against some unsuspecting group of humans or perhaps themselves. Many of them may get involved with drugs to pacify their pain and mental anguish.
There is a huge insidious problem in America that is not being properly addressed by mainstream medicine: the hazards of gluten! For the sake of those afflicted with mental health issues and the sake of society serious attention must be given to the devastating and degenerative affects of gluten. Whether it’s celiac disease or gluten intolerance this troublesome protein that we are not meant to consume (we don’t have the enzymes to break it down) is strongly contributing to the human chaos being perpetrated by many of these poor troubled souls.
The “blind eye” in mainstream medicine must be opened. We need to care more about our children and fellowman in getting to the root cause of many health issues than “treating, controlling, or managing” with big pharma drugs. Thousands of studies from around the world link the above mentioned mental health issues to gluten and, in all, to over 300 symptoms and gluten-related conditions or disease. It is indeed a very serious matter and very few of our mainstream doctors, especially neurologists/psychologists, social workers, school nurses, school psychologists, teachers, or parents have any idea of the numerous and devastating affects gluten can have on the brain and neurons, not to mention our muscles, tissues, bones, blood, organs, glands, and the fetus.
A few true stories come to mind:
- At age 3 a violent, non-verbal, and non-interactive child was diagnosed with autim. The parents could not take this child into the public. The mom didn’t want to put him on drugs. She began reading and decided to remove dairy and a couple weeks later she ditched gluten. The child began to calm down and learn his ABCs. He was able to go to school without a one-on-one aide that so many kids need, and the mom said, “If you didn’t know he had had a problem you wouldn’t know he had one.
- Dick had allergies and a couple very irritating skin conditions as a teen. He had discomforting reflux and two episodes of heart arrythymia. He became so fatigued he needed to grab a nap in his car at lunchtime. At age 55 he was most disturbed when he began to experience serious memory loss and a deep depression feeling disconnected and alone that was interfering with his work. All 7 health issues totally resolved in 7 months by doing an absolute gluten-free diet.
- A woman spoke of her friend’s 4 children who were all having serious health problems. Two of them had been on psychotropic drugs for schizophrenia. All were doing just great off gluten and the drugs for schizophrenia were no longer needed. (Never stop taking prescribed medicine without consulting your doctor.)
- Three moms shared that their child would be on the floor in a tantrum 20 minutes after ingesting gluten.
- A very smart, capable, well-respected businessman at the top of his field found himself headed for a nursing home until he detected gluten intolerance. His life totally turned around on a gluten-free diet.
You can only imagine how the mental and physical health of these folks could have spiraled downward even more if they had continued eating gluten. These were the lucky ones who discovered gluten was the toxic staple making them so sick and tired by not absorbing the nutrients needed to keep their body and brain functioning optimally.
Tremendous healing on many different bodily levels can occur when the instigator is removed. So many mental health issues could vanish or become miles better if mainstream medicine recognized the detrimental role of gluten. Until then, chaos will reign among much of our troubled population, many who may have the added burden of gluten intolerance.