YOU BET THEY ARE!
On my way to the gate for a flight to the 15th International Celiac Disease Conference held in Chicago I shared my business card for my new book, TOXIC STAPLE, and chatted with nine different people. I was amazed at the results. Here is the rundown:
- Has CD and follows a GF diet
- Has a friend with gluten issues
- Her mother has CD and is doing the GF diet
- Has IBS and fibromyalgia and her doctor does’t know the cause – on meds (I suggested she read my book then loan it to her doctor)
- Knows 2 friends with CD/gluten issues
- Said she probably needs the GF diet – has sinus/allergy issues (she’s probably right)
- Has a friend doing the GFD
- Has CD – her sister is an MD and is up on CD (there is still much unawareness of the serious complications of celiac disease in traditional medicine)
- Was interested and will share my info
This is an incredible slant toward epidemic, wouldn’t you say? Eight out of nine people either had a gluten issue themselves or knew someone who did. Three to four years ago gluten and celiac were not a part of anyone’s vocabulary unless they were one of the few diagnosed. But since then nearly everyone I talk to either has gluten issues or knows someone who does. It’s exploding!
Read TOXIC STAPLE and you will come to understand the breadth of nutritional deficiencies, symptoms, diseases, and disorders being caused by a protein once thought to be healthy.